Home » Leak Detection & Repairs » Indoor Leaks
Our leak detection engineers are registered plumbers and have many years’ experience in installing and maintaining all types of plumbing systems.
When establishing where the leak is we use a number of methods:
- Gas tracing using an inert hydrogen/nitrogen gas which can pass through most materials including timber, concrete and tiles.
- Thermal imaging which identifies hot pipes under floors and in walls.
- Acoustic microphones which can hear water escaping.
- Endoscopic cameras which can see into hidden and small spaces.
- Protimeter moisture meters to tell us exactly where the damp is.
- Consumption tests which measure any ‘unknown’ water usage when all taps and other outlets are turned off.
- Pressure testing to identify leaking systems.
One of the most common places for leaks is in a houses central heating system. In this instance we would use gas tracing equipment.
We normally offer a same day ‘find and fix’ service, including excavation of concrete floors as necessary.
Same day fixes are done at a fixed cost, but more involved excavations and fixes may require a return visit which will be arranged with you at an agreed cost.